- Product: Intota
What does my library need to do when we add an ebrary, Al Manhal, or Canadian Electronic Library database?
When your library adds an ebrary database, or an Al Manhal or Canadian Electronic Library database with an ebrary URL, you need to use the following procedure to ensure your patrons can access content from your ProQuest services (such as the A-to-Z list, Summon, 360 Link, etc.):
- In Intota, access the resource's Database Details page by clicking Resources on the menu bar and then selecting Databases in the submenu.
- Find the database and click on it to to go to its Database Details page.
- Click Edit next to the Configuration section of the Database Details page, and in the Database URL field, enter the custom URL that you use to access the database. Use all lower-case letters. For example, your library's URL for ebrary will be http://site.ebrary.com/lib/xxxxxx , where "xxxxxx" will be substituted by your library's ebrary identifier.
- Do not include a trailing slash in this URL (for example, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/xxxxxx/ is incorrect).
- Do not include "www".
- If the link is incorrect, then that will break the direct linking in Summon.
- Click Save.
- Use the Support Portal (accessible via the More Sites drop-down menu above) to notify us so that we can create your title-level links. In your request, include the following:
- The database name; and
- Your Custom URL (for example, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/xxxxxx).
- Date Created: 30-Jul-2014
- Last Edited Date: 7-Jul-2016
- Old Article Number: 11074