- Product: Intota
Why are my Dow Jones Factiva databases prompting for authentication?
When your library adds a Dow Jones Factiva database, you need to add some information to Intota to avoid the prompt for authentication. NOTE: These directions do not apply to corporate libraries. Corporate libraries are not provided with XSID information and therefore must leave their XSID fields blank.:
- Get the Factiva XSID code for your library. The XSID can be found at the end of the database-level URL that you're currently using to access Factiva's website from your library's website.
Here's an example XSID:
If you are unsure of your XSID, contact ProQuest directly for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In Intota, access the resource's Database Details page by clicking Resources on the menu bar and then selecting Databases in the submenu.
- Find the Factiva database and click on it to go to its Database Details page.
- Click Edit next to the Administration section of the Database Details page, and use the Authorization XSID field to enter your Factiva XSID.
- Click Save.
- To enable title-level linking in your E-Journal Portal, 360 MARC Updates, and 360 Link, use the Support Portal option to submit a case and ask us to create your title-level links.. Please provide your Factiva XSID and the name of the database.
- Date Created: 31-Jul-2014
- Last Edited Date: 7-Jun-2016
- Old Article Number: 11081