- Article Type: General
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 4
* In version 3.1.2 and higher, using an embedded search box, when the user changes tabs, the search is performed within the iFrame on a new page and the user cannot see their search results. There is currently no way for the user to return to the proper Primo view and it is a very confusing user experience.
This behavior is the result of Issue 46075.
Issue 46075 is currently in Development.
* Temporary workaround: Turn off "invoke automatic search". However, if the user types in the search box and then chooses a different tab, the search term disappears and if they hit the search button without noticing, the search will return 0 results with a Primo message "you didn't enter search terms." This is also a confusing user experience.
* Expected behavior:
* * With View option set to "Invoke automatic search when tabs are switched" and a search term is typed in the Front End, if the search tab is changed, the search is performed automatically in the new tab without hitting the search button.
* * With the same setting, using an embedded search box (iFrame), the same actions should exit the iFrame, opening the regular Primo view with a full screen of results.
Category: Embedding Primo Search box
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013