- Product: Primo ; Primo VE
How to understand when a reference entry is displayed on top of the results.
To enable this feature:
In the Primo Back Office:
1. Go to the Views Wizard (Primo Home > Ongoing Configuration Wizards > Views Wizard) and edit a view.
2. Select Highlight reference entry on top
3. Save and Deploy the View.
In Alma (Discovery-Admin role is required)
1. Go to Configuration Menu > Discovery > Display Configuration > Configure Views
2. Select the view you want to configure and click "edit" in the far right dropdown menu
3. In the General Tab, select Highlight reference entry on top and Save.
When it is enabled, the top highlighted reference entries are displayed under following conditions:
- the relevant reference resource has been activated in Alma and is published to CDI.
- the "Active for Search in CDI" field is set to "Yes" in the electronic collection in Alma
- the searched term has a clear match in the reference source
- the reference entry has a fulltext available
- the reference entry has a valid description
If there are multiple reference entries found matching the query, the best reference entry is selected by Primo based on the criteria above.
Currently, it is not possible to configure the priority of reference resources to determine which reference entry should be taken for display.
Eligible source collections include the following:
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford University Press
- Grove Music
- Oxford Bibliographies Online
- Oxford Research Encyclopedias
- American Dictionary of National Biography Online
- Oxford Very Short Introductions
Article last edited: 01-Mar-2021