- Product: Primo
- The new UI will NOT be switched on automatically for existing Primo customers. Ex Libris does not plan to stop supporting the classic UI.
The new UI can be accessed by plugging server and view parameters into the following URL:
- The New UI is NOT a new Primo version or a separate Primo instance, but rather a new Front End. The Back Office will remain the same except for minor additions to support new features. Configuration changes made to a view will affect it in both the new and the classic UI; however, aesthetic and functional changes made via the Customization Package will only affect the new UI.
All former Java scripts and CSS configurations that were done for the classic UI, will not affect the new UI.
- Starting from the November 2016 release SearchDL and DisplayDL permalinks will be redirected to the new UI if the Switch to new UI parameter has been set in the Institution Wizard in the Back Office.
- Since going live in August 2016, many features and improvements have been added to the new UI. You can learn more via the Primo Release Notes, and the New UI FAQs
- Unlike the Services page for the classic Primo UI, the Services page for the new UI does not require you to configure a separate view. Instead, you can use your institution's view as the basis for the Alma Services Page. For more details: Back Office Configuration Changes for the New UI
- Article last edited: 18-Jun-2017