- Product: RapidILL
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Keywords: non-lendable, set, OAI, Rapid, Holdings, RapidILL, mapping, Alma, journal, collection, localonly, harvesting, publishing
When a journal belongs to two or more collections, of which not all are lendable, your institution is getting lending requests for articles that are only found in non-lendable collection(s). Your institution updates Rapid holdings through OAI harvesting from Alma and you’ve confirmed the non-lendable collection is not in any lendable set.
This is an artifact of Alma’s publishing. When a title is published, Alma publishes all the collections it’s in – regardless of whether they’re in the set or not.
The solution is to use a Mapping file to override the lendable status of certain collections.
- Go to your Rapid website>Holdings>Upload Holdings.
- Choose the Mapping option and click Download Collections.
- Open the file and find the relevant collection(s).
- Change the Lendable Status of the collection to “LocalOnly” (non-lendable) using the drop down.
- Save the file. Do not change the file name or file type.
- Re-upload your edited Mapping file.
- Wait 24-48 hours for the Mapping file to be processed and the changes to take effect.
- If this is your first mapping file, please contact support.
- There is no need to notify support of this process if this is not your first mapping file.
- Article last edited: 10-Mar-2022