Testing Rapido in Your Sandbox
Use your sandbox environment to:
Testing with a Selected Partner
- Manually create a borrowing request by selecting Create Request. Select a Citation Type and select Choose.
Manually create a borrowing request
- Select Send Directly to Partner.
Send Directly to Partner
- Check the relevant partner and select Select to start the borrowing request flow.
The Resource Sharing partners on the Community tab are copied to the Institution tab.Resource Sharing Partner List
Testing Your Workflow for Borrowing/Lending Requests
This feature enables libraries to interact locally in order to create borrowing and lending requests at the local institution for both physical and digital requests. This enables libraries to test and train users in Rapido and enables them to test and view the outcome of complete workflows.
Create a borrowing rule with the parameter Requester (Configuration > Resource Sharing > Rapido Rules > Borrowing Mediation Rules) and the Action Test Locally configured.
The rule only applies to one Requester. If you want to apply the rule to multiple Requesters, you must add multiple rules.
Since this feature is for testing purposes, the status of the borrowing request might be Locate failed if your library does not have the requested item. You can still continue testing the flow by selecting Edit > Ship item physically to ensure the process behaves as expected.
- If the mediation rule is run a second time and after performing the Test Locally action, Rapido does not re-run the action again.
- If you reject the request from the lending side, the borrowing request is also closed.