- Product: Rosetta
- Product Version: v5.3 and higher
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
This article provides instructions on how to add a metadata field to the IE's descriptive metadata after ingest (i.e. IEs in the permanent repository).
Note that this cannot be executed as an enrichment process during ingest.
It's only possible to replace a DC field as an enrichment task during ingest using the DCReplacePlugin Task.
Please read the "Update Metadata job" Developer Network article for instructions on creating the updateMD xml file.
To add a new DC field to a previously ingested IE:
1. Ingest IE's into Rosetta.
2. As per the "Update Metadata job" developer article reference above, create an updateMD xml file for IEs that includes:
IE PID of IE that needs to have an "Available (DCTERMS)" field and content added
Content element containing a metadata record wrapped in CDATA (metadata will not be stored in CDATA).
For example the content element containing a metadata record wrapped in CDATA could be "Available (DCTERMS)".
This field is a parameter defined under Data Management > Retention Policies > Add Shared Metadata Record.
Note: the "Update Metadata job" article also includes an example dc update file template.
3. Place the updateMD xml file on the Rosetta server (e.g. /operational_shared/md_update/TST01/)
4. Go to Home > Data Management > Update Metadata Job > Add Job
Name (e.g.): Add "Available (DCTERMS)" to IEs for "Retention Policy"
User ID: <your_user_id>
NFS Path (e.g.): /operational_shared/md_update/TST01/<your_user_id>
Ignore Difference in field sequence: checked / unchecked
Send Email: Not / yes / on failure only
Click "Apply" to save and "Run Now" when ready.
Files are processed in order of create date.
For example, if 2 files are submitted for the same IE metadata, both files will be processed, but the newer file will overwrite the record provided in the older file.
Upon execution, the Metadata Update job generates 2 sub-folders: done (files are moved if update is successful) and error (unsuccessful).
5. Monitor the Update Metadata Job under Home > Data Management > Monitor Process History.
6. Once the job has completed, the IEs will have "Available (DCTERMS)" field populated with a date.
7. Open a processed IE in the WebEditor to confirm that it now includes the "Available (DCTERMS)" field populated with a date.