Can extracted technical metadata from images be indexed?
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Rosetta
Two questions about indexing extracted technical metadata from images:
1. Once the technical metadata is extracted from images in Rosetta using jhove, etc., can Rosetta also index it for searching in Rosetta?
2. And, can/will this metadata be included when publishing is run?
1. All significant properties are indexed in Rosetta.
So if the metadata fields are mapped to significant properties they will be indexed (otherwise they won't be saved or indexed).
2. Any part of the METS can be published using the XSLConverterPlugin, but an appropriate XSL will need to be created in order to map the fields to Dublin Core.
Rosetta's Publishing mechanism is IE level, so mapping file-level technical metadata to IE-level Dublin Core could be labor intensive unless there is only a very few file(s) per IE.
- Article last edited: 7/22/2014