- Rosetta allows users to perform actions simultaneously on a set of IEs (intellectual entities) by create sets and run processes.
- Please follow the instructions below to create a set of IEs and process it.
First create a set of the IEs you want to export:
- Browse to 'Data Management' >'Manage Sets and Processes' > 'Manage sets'.
- Click 'Add Set'.
- Choose 'Logical -Based on a search query' option to create a set of IEs that is a result of a query (that we'll create next) or 'Itemized - Based on selected objects' to select the IEs one by one.
- Enter general information about the set.
- Create the query.
- Save the new set.
- Create the process:
- Browse to 'administer the system' at the Quick launch' tab (on the right of the screen) at 'What can I do?' menu.
- Browse to 'Repository' > 'List of Task Chains'.
- If there is already a task chain that answers your needs please continue to step 11.
- Create a new task chain with the tasks you need.
- Browse back to 'manage the system' at the Quick launch' tab (on the right of the screen) at 'What can I do?' menu.
- Run the process you created:
- Browse to 'Data Management' > 'Manage Sets and Processes' > 'manage processes'.
- Click 'add process' (on the left of the screen).
- Choose the task chain from step 9.
- Give your process a name.
- Choose the set you created on step 6.
- You can schedule when the process will run and you can also run it after its created.
- Submit the process.
- If you did not schedule when the process will run on step 16 find your process in the process list and choose to run it now.
- To see the process results browse to 'Data Management' > 'Manage Sets and Processes' > 'Monitor process history'.
- Review the process results.
For a more information on sets and processes, please refer to Rosetta Staff User's Guide, chapters 34 and 35 respectively.