- Article Type: General
- Product: Rosetta
- Product Version: 5.0.1
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct,Direct,Local,Total Care
A full re-index of the permanent repository is possible from the Index Status page (Home > Advanced Configuration > Repository > Index Status).
A full re-index should be run in the following cases:
* New index fields or functionality requiring a global re-index
* Index corruption or hardware failure for an index node
* Addition or removal of an index node
Running a full re-index might cause the relevant table in the DB to grow significantly.
Every SP installation (from Rosetta SP 5.0.1 and on) cleans this table.
However, customers who run full repository re-index procedures in between SP installations, and are re-indexing very large repositories, are advised to manually run the attached script to ensure performance is not degraded.
1. Rosetta servers must be down when running the script.
2. After running the script and restart, Rosetta will try to index all items in the index exception queue, if there are any. If the reason for the original index failure for these items has not been resolved, they will naturally fail again to the exception queue.
If you have any question please contact Ex Libris Support.
- Article last edited: 02-MAY-2016