- Article Type: General
- Product: SFX
- Product Version: 4
Desired Outcome Goal:
Generate a file containing unique, deduplicated list of all active items in SFX KnowledgeBase (both serials and monographs)
1) In SFX Admin's Export Tool, create a basic query of all active portfolios
2) Open the resulting export file in Excel, using the "text" format
3) Place Object IDs in the first column. Select ALL of the worksheet, and sort by Object IDs
4) Insert a new Column to the left of the Object IDs column.
5) Insert a formula into the newly created column (Column A): =IF(B1=B2,1,0)
6) Drag the formula down into all the cells in Column A that correspond with Object IDs in Column B.
There should appear a 1 in Column A next to each duplicate Object ID in Column B and a 0 next to all the rest of the Object IDs
7) Replace the formulas in Column A with values by selecting the column, pressing ctrl+c, selecting "paste special" from "edit", and clicking on "values" radio button.
8) Select ALL of the worksheet and sort by Column A. All the 1s should appear at the bottom of the column.
9) Delete all the 1s from Column A and the corresponding duplicate Object IDs from column B.
10) Delete column A
Category: KBTools - Export (SFX)
- Article last edited: 10/17/2013