- Product: SFX
What is happening to ProQuest Ebrary and EBL targets in SFX?
Ebrary and EBL upgrades to Ebook Central were completed at the end of December 2017. In order to maintain accurate and current metadata the existing Ebrary and EBL targets will be removed as part of 20182000 CKB Update, released May 15 2018 for local customers, May 20 2018 for Hosted customers
Actions you need to take before May 15, if you are still tracking Ebrary or EBL targets:
- Activate to the applicable Ebook Central target in the SFX KB. If you are unsure about which targets you should activate, we have prepared Ebrary-to-Ebook Central targets mappings. Please refer to the attached file.
- Verify that your CUST_ID is correct for your institution. (Target Service > Linking Parameter (L/P)) Ebook Central ID may be different than what your institution had used for Ebrary.
- De-activate Ebrary and/or EBL collections.
The Content Team has been maintaining Ebook Central targets, so once you switch from Ebrary to Ebook Central you should not experience any service disruption.
Who do I contact for assistance?
- If you are having issues with customizing your Ebook Central targets to add a CUST_ID, open a case in the Ex Libris Support Portal for SFX Support team
- If you have having issues with missing titles or broken links in the Client Center or Summon, open a case with Ex Libris Content Support for SFX KB 2nd line Support Team
- If you are having issues with your purchased titles on the Ebook Central Platform, open a case with Ebook Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not seeing your collection in Ebook Central, please contact Ebook Technical Support at email@example.com
- Article last edited: 10-Apr-2018