Why are some links from Summon going directly to full text, while others direct to the 360 Link Results page?
- Product: 360 Link, Summon
- Product Version: Link 2.0
Why are some links from Summon going directly to full text, while others land on the 360 Link Results page?
When a user clicks a full text result in Summon, there are two ways links may be generated - either by sending metadata via OpenURL to 360 Link or via an Index Enhanced Direct Link (IEDL) directly from the Summon index.
If users are experiencing mixed linking behaviors, where some links go directly to full text and others that land on the 360 Link results page, 360 Link settings may be customized to make reaching full text via 360 Link more closely match the Summon direct linking experience.
To enable 1-click linking to full text in 360 Link:
1. Log into the Client Center
2. Click 360 Link Administration Console > Link 2.0 tab
3. In Link Activation and Configuration, click edit and choose you preferred 1-click setting
After saving this change, 1-click will be available to users after the cache build completes normally by 10 AM pacific.
For information on using 1-click options, see Link 2.0 Activation and Configuration
- Article last edited: 27-April-2017