- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.5
The complex pattern engine will not allow you to create a complex prediction pattern without enumeration. Message: ‘Day of Month requires both a Month chronology level and Year chronology level’, though both Month and Year are actually included. Add any level of enumeration, able to save the pattern without errors.
Issue 16384-18289/VYG-4562 is Pending Work Plan.
- In Acquisitions>Check-In, click New Complex Publication Pattern
- For Issues in cycle, select 6
- For Expected Date, select 1
- For Interval, select month(s)
- Leave Enumeration levels blank
- Make Chronology Level 1 Months
- Make Chronology Level 2 Day of Month
- Make Chronology Level 3 Year
- Click Submit
- Give the pattern a Descriptive Name
- Fill in the Day of the Month column with “1” in each cell
- Click Save – you’ll get the error message “Day of Month requires both a Month chronology level and Year chronology level”
If you go back and do everything the same *except* also select at least one level of enumeration, you will be able to successfully save the pattern.
In the initial screen, put 6 for Issues in Cycle, 1 for Expected Date and Month(s) for Interval. Then check off Enumeration Level 1, but leave it blank with a Continuity of Restart. And under Chronology, leave off Days of the Month, picking just Month and Year, and hit Submit.
In the next screen, set the Expected column for Issue 1 to 7 and leave the others at 1 (so after the June issue the expected date will jump back to Jan. 1 of the next year), leavet Interval and Year alone, and then move the month literal values from the Month column into the arabic column that corresponds to the first level of enumeration, and then put a literal value of "1" into the Month column for each issue (so the pattern thinks that the enumeration value is Jan., Feb., Mar., etc., and that the Month value is always 1) -- which ends up looking like Jan. 1 2012 (etc.) when you start the pattern.
- Article last edited: 16-Mar-2015