- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How do add a new patron record in Voyager Circulation?
- Before adding a patron record manually in Voyager Circulation, double-check that the patron has the appropriate identification required by the library's policy.
- Perform a thorough search to make sure you avoid creating a duplicate record for the patron.
- Click on the Patron button in the Voyager Circulation task bar; this will open the Patron Search box.
- Click CANCEL on the Patron Search box.
- Right click within the grey space in the blank patron record that remains open.
- Select "Add Patron..." from the pop-up menu.
- The "Add New Patron Record" window will open.
- Fill in the desired information on all five tabs, leaving the Barcode tab for last if you will be using a scanner to enter the barcode.
- Name Tab: A last name must be entered.
- Details Tab: Expiration Date and Purge Date is required
- Barcode Tab: Select the appropriate patron group; enter the patron's barcde
- Address Tab: Enter the patron's permanent mailing address
- Phone Tab: Enter the patron's primary phone number
- Click Save when finished
- To add an Email Address or Temporary Mailing Address, click the Addresses <new> option on the right side of the screen. A blank Address Tab will open on the left.
- Select the type of address from the Type dropdown menu. Enter the appropriate information making sure the in effect dates for the address are correct. Click Save.
- Follow the same process to add an additional phone number. Click the Phone Numbers <new> option on the right side of the screen to open a new Phone Tab. Enter the appropriate information and click Save.
- Article last edited: 18-Mar 2021