- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
* Create authority from 8XX field in bib generates 64X fields with subfield 5 showing three question marks (???)
This behavior is the result of VYG-6269.
Issue VYG-6269 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.1 and higher.
1. Ensure NUC code has been entered in System Administration > System > Owning Libraries > Library > NUC Code
2. In Cataloging, find a bib with Series Added Entry field (8XX) with no corresponding authority record.
3. Options > Preferences > Validation > Ensure "Bypass Authority Control Validation" is not checked.
4. Click Save to DB.
5. Find 8XX heading in Authority Validation window.
6. Highlight the heading and click Create Auth button.
7. Note that resulting authority contains 64X fields with three question marks (???) in subfield 5, rather than designated NUC code.
Workaround: Manually enter NUC code
Category: Cataloging - Voyager
- Article last edited: 3/23/2015