- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
Bulk Import stops when it encounters a call number > 300 characters rather than logging an error and continuing.
Issue VYG-2513 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
- 1. Find or create a record where call number > 300 characters (see attachment).
- 2. In System Administration > Cataloging > Bulk Import Rules, create a rule to load bibs & mfhds.
- 3. In Mapping tab, set to use call number hierarchy that will pull call number from step 1 when creating mfhd.
- 4. Use Bulk Import rule you created to import record from step 1.
Result: import stops when it tries to create the mfhd record with the call number that is too long, logs nothing in import log. At command line, may give
Assertion failed: LEADERLENGTH == getfieldlength(), file marcparse.cpp, line NNN
Use -b parameter to start import again from the record after the bib with the 300+ character call number; import problem record via Cataloging & edit call number.
- Article last edited: 16-Oct-2014