BULK: Update existing MFHDs not always matching for multiple copies
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.1
* If more than one copy on the line item, "Update existing ..." does not alwyas find match.
* Some locations work for matching and others fail.
This behavior is the result of Issue VYG-5854.
Issue VYG-5854 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
1. In Acquisitions, create a PO with a line item
1.a. that has multiple copies
1.b. that has a Vender Order Number.
2. Create a Bulk Import Rule
2.a. that will match with the Duplicate Detection selected & replace or merge the record
2.b. Profiles > Multiple MFHDs > Update previously loaded MFHDS and/or existing Items
2.c. Main Tag = 949 / Subfield for location code = l / Vendor reference number 999 v
2.d. Mapping will match and map to all MFHDs linked to line item.
3. Import a record with two 949 fields, each with subfield l matching to one of the first two mapping lines, and with 999 subfield v matching to Vendor Order Number in line item.
4. Review the log.imp.*:
4.a. On Linux, this process will coredump and the log will end after logging REPLACE action for bib.
4.b. On Solaris, the process completes, but does not find the matching data.
5. Remove one of the 949 lines from the file so that the incoming data matches only 1 copy on the line item.
6. Import this record with same rule.
7. Note that the match process is successful and records are updated.
Workaround: Create separate line items for each copy so only one copy per line item.
Additional information: Successful at matching multiple MFHDs for some locations.
Category: Batch jobs - Voyager
- Article last edited: 10/17/2014