BULK: using -m when bib fails hierarchy, mfhd not imported
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
- When bib is discarded due to quality, so is mfhd.
- Add-Conditional will import the mfhd if the bib is matched & discarded in Voyager 8.2.0 and higher.
Issue 16384-20785 is resolved in bulkimport for Voyager 8.2.0.
- Find or create an interleaved bib-mfhd file.
- Ensure mfhd record will not match and overlay existing mfhd(s) for the bib.
- Set up a bibliographic duplicate detection profile so that at least one bib will have a match in the database. i.e.,
- Duplicate handling=Replace
- Duplicate replace=100
- Field Definitions=BBID; Field Weight=100
- Quality hierarchy set up so incoming bibs will be lower quality than existing.
- Add the bib duplicate detection profile to a bulk import rule that is set to Load Bibs, Auths Only.
- Import the file with the import rule you created and the -m parameter.
Pbulkimport -f<filepath and name> -i<rule code> -m
- Look at the log for the bib(s) that the duplicate detection profile matched to existing bib(s) in the database; should look similar to this:
13(7):Duplicate Bibs above threshold: replace 1, warning 0. BibID & rank 50006 - 100 QUALITY Incoming record rejected because of quality. 14: Previous record not added.
And the mfhd record is discarded as well as the bib.
Reimport bib-mfhd file with Add-Conditional profile that will match every bib, and add/replace all mfhds.
Fixed for Add-Conditional duplicate handling with Issue 16384-18897.
- Article last edited: 22-Jan-2019