Basic information on running the Voyager clients on a hosted server from off-campus
- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How to run the Voyager clients on a hosted server from off-campus?
Access to hosted Voyager servers for running the clients and/or connecting via SSH/SFTP is restricted to specific campus IP addresses.
These campus IP addresses are "allowed" (i.e., not block/unblock) in the Ex Libris hosted server firewall. All other addresses are blocked from such access.
To connect to your Voyager server from a home computer, you need to do one of the following:
- Use a campus VPN service, which will assign your off-campus computer an IP address from a pre-set range that Support will "allow" (i.e., not block/unblock) in the Ex Libris firewall.
- Use Windows Remote Desktop to connect to a computer in the Library that is configured to access the Voyager server.
Contact your I.T. Department for additional help.
- Add an IP Address to Access Ex Libris Products Through Hosted Server Firewall
- Network Ports used by Voyager
- Article last edited: 04-Jan-2020