- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.1
* If the call number is an Other call number type and is two words followed by one, two or three digits, the browse Mfhd Call Number (CALL index) will place you incorrectly in the index of results.
This behavior is the result of VYG-1427.
VYG-1427 is fixed for Voyager 8.2.1 and higher.
When searching in any of the staff search modules (Cat, Acq, Circ, etc.) the correct filter must be selected for the search results to be accurate. There is no way to apply a filter to searches in WebVoyage, so the search results will be close but may not be exactly where the user expects for any non-LC type call number searches.
1. In Cataloging, create a mfhd record with an other call number with two words followed by one, two or three digits, for example
852 8_ |b main |h music microfilm 981
2. Click on Search
3. In the Index Selection tab, select Mfhd Call Number (this is the CALL index)
4. Select the Browse radio button
5. Enter in the Search for field:
music microfilm 981
6. It will place you into the N1 call numbers in the browse list.
In Cataloging, select Other in the Headings Type Filter in the search grid.
In the OPAC, set the searchcode to MOTH for the other call number type index.
- Article last edited: 11/20/2013