CAT: Re-link holdings function not working in Voyager 7.0.2
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
Release(s) replicated in: 7.0.1, 7.0.2
Server Platform(s) affected: solaris 10
Loss of functionality from (previous version, if applicable): 6.5.2
Expected Results: If “Attach Holdings to Any Bibliographic Record” is unchecked in a Cataloging Profile, one should still be able to attempt to re-link holdings to a record in the cataloging client. The re-link should succeed or be denied only once locations are compared. This matches with what is written in Table 9-9 in the 7.0.1 System Administration User’s Guide
Actual Results: If the "Attach Holding to any Bibliographic Records" option is not checked, then the "re-link holding to bibliographic" menu item is grayed out. There is no chance to even test against location.
Workflow Implications: Cannot re-link holdings to bibliographic records, even if the location matching would be correct for it.
1. In SysAdmin module of Version 6.5.2, edit a cataloging profile so that "Attach Holding to any Bibliographic Records" is unchecked in the Profile Values Continued tab.
2. Using an operator login for that cataloging profile, open up the Cataloging profile and bring up a holdings record.
3. Select “Record” in the top menu. When the “Record” menu drops down, “Relink holding to bibliographic…” will be an active option.
4. Perform steps 1-3 in Version 7.0.2. When the “Record” menu drops down, “Relink holding to bibliographic…” will be a grayed out option. This is a loss of functionality.
Fixed in Voyager 8.2.2.
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015