- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
Bug Report Issue 16384-17505
Release replicated in: 8.1.0
Expected results: When changing a subject heading subfield in a bib record, it should not create a new subject heading.
Actual results: When changing a subject heading subfield, it creates a duplicate entry in the Headings List for the subdivision.
1. Log in to Cataloging.
2. Search for or create a bib record with a 650 heading that has one or more subdivisions.
3. Change a subdivision subfield (i.e., change $x to $v or $z). Save the change to the database.
4. Search for that subdivision in the Staff Subject Subdivision Search. Find the full heading in the list.
5. Results: the heading will appear in the list multiple times (as many times as you saved a different subfield). Selecting any one of the headings in the list will display the same bib (or bibs) linked to that heading.
If you are on Voyager 8.1.1 and are experiencing this bug, please submit an Incident via the eService and ask for the fix to Issue 16384-17505. Support can apply the fix for you. If you are not on Voyager 8.1.1, you will need to upgrade to 8.1.1 before you can get this fix.
This fix requires HEADINGS regen with STATSAMPLER=Y.
Fixed in opacsvr and catsvr for 8.1.2 and higher.
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015