CAT/OPAC: Reference Information no longer displays
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
Bug Report for Issue 16384-17441
Module: Cataloging and OPAC
Server platforms affected: all
Release replicated in: 8.1.0-8.1.1
Last version without bug: 6.x, 7.x, 8.0.0
Cataloging staff and patrons using the OPAC should get the Reference Information dialog box for Earlier or Later Heading, See also, See from, Scope Note etc.
Cataloging staff and patrons using the OPAC no longer get the Reference Information dialog box if certain ajustments to the authority are made.
Cataloging staff will not be aware of See Alsos, Scope Notes, Earlier or Later headings etc..
1. In Cataloging create or have Authority records with see alsos or other actions that would make the Reference Information appear (e.g. scope notes, later heading).
For example, create an Authority record with 130 and 530 tags
130 _0 ‡a Oxford historical monographs
530 _0 ‡a Cambridge historical monographs
2. Do a staff heading search for the see also heading (for the above example, do a Staff Subject Headings search for Cambridge historical monographs).
3. From the Headings List, highlight the heading then click on the Authority button.
4. You will get the “Select one or more authority records” dialog box (instead of the Reference Information dialog box).
If you are on Voyager 8.1.1 and are experiencing this bug, please submit an Incident via the eService and ask for the fix to Issue 16384-17441. Support can apply the fix for you. If you are not on Voyager 8.1.1, you will need to upgrade to 8.1.1 before you can get this fix.
This fix requires HEADINGS regen with STATSAMPLER=Y
Fixed in Voyager 8.1.2 and above.
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015