- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
GKEY search on subfield 6 does not return correct results
880 subfield 6 is not used in indexing when the 880 is paired with another field in the record.
All unpaired 880 fields can be found via any of their subfields either using GKEY or an appropriately-defined keyword index.
880 fields can be paired (with another MARC tag) or unpaired (not associated with another tag in the record).
Paired 880s are indexed as if the tag was the associated field. Example: 880 field paired with 245
- 880 field ndexed as if it was coded as a 245
- contents of 880 subfields act as if tagged as associated 245 subfields
- 880 linkage information is not needed/indexed
Unpaired 880 will be indexed as an 880 tag and all its subfields will be indexed in their respective subfields, including 880 subfield 6. This indexing makes the record with the unpaired 880 findable in the GKEY index, as well as any keyword indexes built for the 880 fields.
- For paired 880 fields, subfield 6 is not indexed, but contents of other 880 subfields are indexed as subfields in associated tag.
- For unpaired 880 fields, subfield 6 contents are indexed and can be found in the GKEY and other KW indexes.
- Article last edited: 29-May-2014