CIRC: Bursar Refunds allowed to exceed total transferred
- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.1
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Bursar Refunds are allowed to exceed total transferred when:
* Bursar Refund for the amount transferred is applied to the Patron Total and another Bursar Refund is applied to Selected fine, exceeding the total transferred; or
* Bursar Refunds are transferred, and Bursar Refunds applied to Patron Total again up to the amount of the Bursar Transfer.
Issue 16384-12281 is resolved for Voyager 8.1.0 and higher.
1. In Circulation, find a patron with fines.
2. Make sure the configuration file for Bursar Transfer on the server will transfer the fines for this patron.
3. Run Bursar Transfer on the server.
4. In Circulation, apply Bursar Refunds in amount that was transferred to Patron Total.
5. Try to apply a Bursar Refund to the Patron Total in excess of amount transferred; receive message:
“Amount of refund exceeds total transferred to bursar”
6. Select fine; try to apply a Bursar Refund to the Selected fine. Allowed to post refund.
7. Run Bursar Transfer again. Note total refunds processed exceed original amount transferred.
8. In Circulation, again try to apply a Bursar Refund in the amount of the original transfer to the patron total. Allowed to apply this refund up to the amount of the original transfer.
Each run of Bursar Transfer will allow a new Bursar Refund of the original transfer amount to be applied to the patron total in Circulation.
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 7/31/2015