- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
- Item has recall placed by one patron, and when charged to another patron, Circ operator receives message: "The loan period has been shortened from the normal interval as another patron has requested the item."
- Loan period is not actually shortened.
VYG-4551 is currently in Development.
- Charge out book to patron a.
- Place recall on item for patron b.
- Discharge item so it is placed on hold shelf for patron b.
- Charge item out to patron c.
- Receive block that Item is on hold shelf for another patron.
- Click Override.
- Receive message, "The loan period has been shortened from the normal interval as another patron has requested the item." The due date is NOT shortened
Right click on due date and select modify due date, or use Modify Due Date ... button in patron's Charged Items Index to alter due date.
If item is still charged to patron a, same behavior when charging to patron c without interim discharge.
- Article last edited: 29-May-2014