CIRC: MARC bib/holdings always print to default printer
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.1.1
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-11089
Server platform(s) affected: All
PC OS (if applicable): n/a
Browser & version (if applicable): n/a
Release(s) replicated in: Reported for 7.1.1; replicates through current release (7.2.2)
Last version without bug (if applicable): n/a (replicates in 6.1)
Expected results: Selecting a printer other than the PC’s default printer in Circulation will allow you to print the MARC bib information to the printer you select.
Actual results: The MARC bib information ignores the printer selection made in Circulation and prints to the PC’s default printer.
MARC holdings behaves the same way.
Workflow implications: Operators have to change the PC’s default printer if they want to print bib information in Circ to a different printer.
1. Open Circulation and go to File>Print setup …
2. Select a printer other than your PC’s default and click Print to save the setting.
3. Click on Item and open an item record.
4. Go to Item>View MARC bib … and when the bib opens, click the Print button in the record display.
5. The bib will print to the PC’s default printer, rather than the printer you selected in Circulation’s Print setup.
Other information: Due Date, Fine, Discharge, Hold and Routing Slips all print to the printer selected in Print setup, as do Spine labels.
Workaround: Change default printer on PC temporarily to print to other printers.
- Article last edited: 3/19/2015