- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
This behavior is a result of Issue 16384-21393 / VYG-4634.
* When adding new note to patron record, length of note does not appear to be limited
* Patron note viewable via patron record in Circulation is limited to 1900 characters in length
Issue VYG-4634 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
1) Call up a patron record
2) Click on the "Notes" button
3) Click "New" to create a new note
4) From the "Note Type" drop-down menu, choose a note type
5) In the note box, enter a lengthy note (more than 1900 characters)
6) Save the note and close the Notes window
7) Click on the "Notes" button again; note that when scrolling to the bottom, only 1900 characters of the original note is displayed.
Advise staff to limit notes to 1900 characters or less.
- Article last edited: 7/31/2015