CIRC/CAT/SA: New items ignore matrix when fulfilling unranked holds
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
Any new item added to a title with an unranked hold will be used to fulfill the hold, regardless of whether item is eligible according to Circulation Policy Matrix.
Issue 16384-18737 is resolved for Voyager 8.2.0 and higher.
- In SysAdmin, find or create a matrix line where the patron group-item type is not allowed to place holds.
- Log in to Circulation at a circ desk that belongs to that matrix, and find a patron that belongs to the patron group and item that belongs to the item type from step 1.
- Place a hold on the item for the patron. Note that the request counters on both item & patron records do not increment, and when you view the hold in the patron’s record, it is unranked. This is correct behavior.
- Now in Cataloging, add an item to the holding the item from step 2 belongs to, with the same item type.
- What should happen is that the item should be added with a message like “Item successfully added.” Nothing should change with regard to the unranked hold, as the new item is not a type eligible to fulfill the hold request.
- What will actually happen is that when you save the item in Cataloging, it will give you the message “This item has a hold request. Please discharge it in circulation to notify the requestor.” It then gives the success message above.
- Now if you look at the request in the patron record in Circ, you will see it has been ranked, and has incremented the request counters in the patron record. If you discharge the item in Circ, it will trigger the Item Blocks and Information window with the message “Item has outstanding hold or recall request.”
Cancel and replace hold in Circ prior to discharging.
- Article last edited: 20-Mar-2015