CS: Relink Failure when process request after linking new item
- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
* Call Slip gives "Relink Only Failure" when try to process relinked item and does not process Call Slip.
* If click Process again, request is processed.
Issue 16384-21409 / VYG-1947 is resolved for Voyager 8.2.2 and higher.
1. Call Slip > File > Preferences > check box for "Force Item Search on Process"
2. In WebVoyage or Circulation, submit Call Slip for item that belongs to bib with multiple holdings & items.
3. In Call Slip client, find request in queue.
4. Highlight request.
5. Right-click on request
6. Choose "Select another item from this bib"
7. Highlight another item from the "Link Item" box.
8. Click Link Item
9. Note call number & barcode on request are now for new item.
10. Highlight request.
11. Click "Process"
12. Receive "ReLink Only Request Failed".
13. Click Process again.
14. Request is processed.
* At step 7 above, click "Link Item and Process Request" instead; or
* Uncheck "Force Item Search on Process" in File > Preferences; or
* Continue as in replication steps, and click Process a second time to process the request.
Category: Call Slip
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013