- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: all
* Global Headings Change Queue (GHCQ) has thousands of heading changes
* Attempt to open GHCQ in Cataloging results in Run-time error 6 : Overflow
The Cataloging client cannot handle a large volume of headings. This behavior typically occurs as heading changes begin to exceed 20,000, though the exact number has not been determined.
1. If already unable to open queue, query for any data to retain. These tables are impacted by GHC:
*=tables that will be cleared
2. Open a Support Incident and request that the queue be cleared. If this issue recurs repeatedly, there may be an additional cost associated with this work.
3. Follow these guidelines for future changes:
* If do not use GHC, simply delete all headings from GHCQ regularly.
* If doing a mass import of authority records, import in chunks of 5,000 records or fewer. (See Article #5190 : "How should I BulkImport a large set of records?")
* Process or clear GHCQ after each chunk of records.
- Article last edited: 1/7/2015