- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: all
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
When running Pcatjob or Pmediajob from the command line, unless you have default print locations set for Cataloging and Media Scheduling respectively, the jobs will fail and they will not return an error message. This will happen even if a system-wide print location is set. To work around this issue, set default print locations in the Sysadmin module.
Issue VYG-7771 is currently in development.
1) In Sysadmin, enter the System - Print Locations workspace.
2) Check the available print locations and uncheck any default print location for Cataloging and Media Scheduling. Make sure that a system-wide print location is set.
3) Save the workspace settings.
4) On the application server, execute /m1/voyager/xxxdb/sbin/Pcatjob from the server. Note that you are returned to the prompt after a few seconds without any obvious error. When a default print location is correctly set, running this script will return a menu. Also note that this does not appear to create an error in catjob.log.
5) Repeat step 4 with Pmediajob. The actual and expected behaviors are the same.
Make sure that default print locations are set for Cataloging and Media Scheduling in the System Administration module. Instructions on how to do that are found beginning on page 10-80 in the System Administration User's Guide.
- Article last edited: 15-Jan-2021