- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.4
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-8593
Release(s): reported in 7.0.4; replicated in 7.1.1
Server Platform(s) affected: Solaris/all
PC O/S (if this is PC specific): n/a
Browser type & version (if WebVoyage): n/a
Loss of functionality from (previous version, if applicable): n/a
Expected Results: Unchecking the Courtesy Notice Apply box in SysAdmin>Circulation>Policy Definitions>Patrons tab (which sets patron_group_policy.courtesy_notice_applies to 'N') should also cause the circ_policy_matrix.courtesy_notice_interval to be set to 0 (such that the interval will be reset each time you uncheck/recheck the box).
Actual Results: If you’ve supplied a Courtesy Notice Interval in SysAdmin>Circulation>Policy Definitions>Matrix>Intervals tab, when you uncheck Courtesy Notice Apply, the interval value is still stored in the db; if you then re-check the Apply box, the value you’d previously entered will populate the field.
Workflow Implications: Confusing for operators.
1) Check Courtesy Notices Apply in SysAdmin>Circulation>Policy Definitions>Patrons
2) Go to the matrix in SysAdmin>Circulation>Policy Definitions>Matrix>Intervals tab for that patron group and any item type, and set the interval to a numeric value there
3) Go back and uncheck Courtesy Notices Apply (the Interval field is now greyed out in the matrix again, and appears to be 0)
4) If you check Courtesy Notices Apply again and then go back to the interval in the matrix tab, whatever value you'd put in before you unchecked apply comes back.
- Article last edited: 3/19/2015