- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* Command search using 008L or 008P returns no results
* Command search using 008L or 008P and another index gives message "The search failed"
* All subsequent searches fail.
Issue VYG-4232 is currently in Development.
1. Cataloging > Search > Boolean
2. Search 008P or 008L:
3. Search returns no results, though there are matching records
4. Search a variable length field:
5. Search returns results, some of which also match the previously searched 008P or 008L
6. Now combine them:
245A blue AND 008L eng
7. Search fails
8. All subsequent keyword searches fail until the client is closed and reopened.
Command searches in WebVoyage OPAC fail as well when 008L or 008P are used.
Use Index Selection tab in Cataloging client to search 008L and 008P left-anchored indexes.
Have Data Services create a parallel normalized left-anchored index in the WebVoyage Command Search for the 008L and/or 008P (a quote will be required).