Date Entered on File (DEOF) gets updated by data in bytes 06-11 of 008 when blank
- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
If a record's DEOF (00-05 character positions in 008 Fixed Field) is blank, it pulls the information from 06-11 character positions and fills in the DEOF when the record is updated.
VYG-4081 is currently in Development.
- Log in to Cataloging.
- Import or create a record where character positions 00-05 of the 008 Fixed Field are blank and save to DB.
- Go back to record, edit something in the record and click Save to DB.
- The 00-05 positions in the 008 now have duplicate information from the 06-11 positions of that field.
- Note that successive re-saves to the DB may toggle the value in 00-05 back and forth between blank and the contents of 06-11.
There is no workaround. This portion of the 008 cannot be edited.
Customers have reported this problem occurring when exporting data from OCLC and stripping the 008 field.
Avoid importing records with blank Date Entered on File (DEOF).
- Article last edited: 22-Jun-2021