- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How to delete instructor names, departments, courses, or sections from the pull-down lists for linking courses.
Because the "name" (this term includes instructor/department/course/section) is prevented from being deleted if it is associated with a course reserve list, the first step is deleting unused/expired course reserve lists, or alternatively, unlinking the name/etc from old lists if you would like to keep the old reserve lists in your database.
Once all of the reserve list(s) for the name have either been unlinked or deleted, you'll be able to delete the name from the drop-down lists.
- Open any reserve list (it does not matter which one).
- In the Linked Courses section of the reserve list, right click and choose "Link Courses".
- In the drop down menu, choose the name you wish to delete and have it selected. Click the red minus (-) sign. You'll be presented with the warning "Delete the selected instructor?" (or dept, course, etc.). Choose "Yes".
- The name will be deleted. Select "OK" to exit the linking screen without linking.
Note that it is important to keep these lists from getting too large in number. See: Voyager Circulation client RTE 381 "Invalid property array index" when linking course reserves list to courses
- Article last edited: 06-Jul-2020