Errors when sending POs or Invoices to print queue for Reporter
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
* Attempting to print a purchase order (PO > File > Queue for Print...) results in error: "An error occurred while adding this purchase order"
* "An error occurred while adding this purchase order to the print queue" when trying to queue a PO to print in Acquisitions
* Attempting to approve, then print an invoice (Invoice > File > Queue Voucher for Print...) results in error: "An error occurred while approving this invoice"
* No *.inp files containing PO or Invoice appear in rpt directory on server
* Message is written in /m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt/acqjob.log: "Failed to load print locations for distributed printing"
No Acquisitions Print Location selected, or file permissions or ownership on the server may be incorrect.
To check & update print location:
1. System Administration > System > Print Locations > Edit print location
2. In "Default Print Location for..." section, ensure Acquisitions checkbox is checked for a print location.
To check file permissions on server:
1. SSH or telnet to server as voyager user
2. Ensure that the following files and directories are owned by voyager:exlibris and have the correct permissions (shown in parentheses:
(where xxxdb is the database instance, and LLLL is the print location code)
3. Correct any ownership or permissions as needed.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2019