First steps for troubleshooting EDI issues in Acquisitions?
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What are first steps / initial information to gather to troubleshoot an EDI issue?
Find answers to following set of questions:
- Is issue with outgoing (sending messages; Serial Claim or Purchase Order) or incoming (loading messages; Invoices or Serial Claim Responses) messages?
- What is EDI Connection Profile used?
- Where is message file on server (file name and path)?
- Has file name been used before (non-unique)? Voyager will not allow processing of filenames used previously.
- Is file name greater than 30 characters? Prior to 10.3, Voyager will not allow processing of filenames exceeding 30 characters (file won't show up in "Receive a File").
- Can issue be replicated?
- What message does client give?
- Are you certain the vendor is certified? See below for more information.
EDI Certification Process and Certified Vendors List
- Article last edited: 21-Mar-2020