- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
* GDC does not seem to recognize when records meet condition criteria of "MARC Control Field Exists"
* Same problem occurs with "MARC Control Field Value"
This behavior is the result of Known Issue 16384-19554.
Fixed in 8.2.0.
1. In Global Data Change, set up a data change rule such that
Condition: MARC Control Field Exists
Position: (can be blank, or can also try with ?PlaceofPublication? selected)
Consequence: Replace String at Position
Select Field: Control field 008
Replace string starting at position: 15
With string: cau (or any 3-character country code)
(see attached rule set for example rule)
2. Go to Preview and preview the rule set with a group of bib records.
Note that there is no change between the before and after records.
3. Submit a data change job on these records.
Note that no records are changed ? all are written to the ?Unchanged? file.
4. GDC does not seem to recognize that 008 exists, or that 008 and PlaceofPublication (byte 15-17) match condition specified.
Category: Global data change (GDC)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013