- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* Global Data Change (GDC) cannot alter records with invalid MARC data or retrieve them for preview
* Preview gives "Failed to retrieve preview records"
* Data Change log shows "Error executing rule on bad marc record with ID"
VYG-1998 is fixed in Voyager 8.2.2.
1. Import the 2 attached records and save them in Cataloging. Note that Leader Byte 10, which should always have the value 2, is blank. The Leader cannot be edited in Cataloging.
2. Add the two records to a record set, and import the attached rule set file.
3. Add the rule set to a rule set group.
4. Try to Preview the change to the record set with the rule set group. Receive message: "Failed to retrieve preview records."
5. Submit a data change job with the record set and the rule set group.
6. Review the log file. Note that no records were changed, and the following appears in the log:
ERROR - Error executing rule on bad marc record with ID=error parsing leader with data: 01381cam a 2003857a 4500
ERROR - Error executing rule on bad marc record with ID=error parsing leader with data: 01578cam a 2004097a 4500
Export records, edit them outside Voyager to have correct value in leader byte 10 and reimport them to overlay the records with bad data in the leader
Category: Global data change (GDC)
- Article last edited: 10/6/2014