- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Run Data Change job in GDC to change the 008 DEOF (Date Entered on File) but although the GDC log, import log, and the "Before" and "After' files seem to indicate the change was done, inspection of the catalog record and of the BLOB data indicate the change was not done.
VYG-7840 is in Development.
- Create Data Change Rule1 to change the 008 DEOF (pos 0-05) to a different yymmdd value
- Import record with null DEOF (or attempt to change any existing record's DEOF with a different value)
- Note in GDC log, Import log, and GDC "before" and "after" it appears change was made
- But inspection of record in cataloging and Access (BIB_TEXT, BLOB) shows the change was not made
There is no workaround. This portion of the 008 cannot be edited. Avoid stripping the 008 when exporting records from services such as OCLC.
The 008 DEOF is a System Generated Element. Other System Generated Elements such as those found in the Leader, in the 005 and 008 behave similarly and can't be modified by GDC.
Example Data Change Rule to change record with blank DEOF to a yymmdd value:
- Article last edited: 22-Jun-2021