- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How to get data from fields in bibliographic records that have left-anchored indexes in Voyager using Prepackaged Access Reports?
If the data that you want can be searched using a left-anchored index, consider using the BIB_INDEX table.
- To use BIB_INDEX, you need to know what value of INDEX_CODE to use.
- You can look the INDEX_CODE up in the SEARCHPARM table.
- The NORMAL_HEADING is a version of the search string that is normalized for capitalization, punctuation, subfield coding, and other formatting.
- The DISPLAY_HEADING has subfield coding removed but is otherwise pretty much what you find in the bibliographic record.
Example query that looks for LC subject headings that contain the string "nurs":
SELECT BIB_INDEX.DISPLAY_HEADING, BIB_TEXT.TITLE FROM BIB_INDEX INNER JOIN BIB_TEXT ON BIB_INDEX.BIB_ID = BIB_TEXT.BIB_ID WHERE (((BIB_INDEX.INDEX_CODE)="6500") AND ((BIB_INDEX.NORMAL_HEADING) Like '*NURS*')) ORDER BY BIB_INDEX.NORMAL_HEADING;
Constructing custom SQL queries by request and troubleshooting unexpected results from customer-created SQL queries falls outside the scope of Support. The above has been posted for informational purposes. Voyager-L and Developer Network are useful resources for finding helpful custom SQL or obtaining assistance from peers in troubleshooting custom queries.
- Article last edited: 03-Jun-2020