- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
- Headings linked to a specific number of bibs do not display in OPAC browse search
- If do Find (rather than Browse), the heading is returned & displayed.
VYG-5040 is resolved for Voyager 9.0.0 and higher.
- Browse for a heading in Cataloging that has a specific number of OPAC bibs attached to it. The specific number will correspond to a suppressed bib in the catalog (i.e., headings with 3 associated OPAC bibs when bib_id = 3 is OPAC suppressed).
- Note that these headings all appear with valid OPAC bibs associated with them in the browse list in Cataloging.
- Now do the same search in either WebVoyage interface.
- Note that none of the headings with the specific number of OPAC bibs associated with them are returned.
- Note that if you add another bib with that heading, the heading will then appear in the OPAC browse results.
- Note also that if you do the same search as a Find (rather than a browse) that the heading is returned.
Two workarounds available:
- Search as a Find rather than a Browse for headings in the OPAC.
- Unsuppress the bib with the same bib_id as the number of OPAC bibs for headings that are not displaying. Note that you may need to start a new OPAC session to see the change take effect.
You can confirm if this defect is the source of the behavior you're observing by checking to see if the value of HEADINGS.OPACBIBS for the impacted heading is the same as a bib_id that is suppressed from OPAC.
- Article last edited: 24-Mar-2014