- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
How does Global Headings Change (GHC) handle name/title headings when a name heading changes?
Name/title headings can come from
* 4xx $a $t
* 6xx $a $t
* 7xx $a $t
* 8xx $a $t
These headings contain
* a name portion (from 1xx or subfield a), which follows the same rules as the regular name headings system; and
* a title portion (from 24x or subfield t), which is an integral part of the name/title heading.
GHC handles name/title headings differently, depending on whether the heading is the result of combining two fields, or comes from a single field. If a name heading changes, related name/title headings will be queued to GHC for change initially, regardless of origin. However,
* If the name/title heading is from a single field, records with this heading will not be processed by GHC.
* If the heading is from a combination of two fields (1xx name field + 24x title field), GHC will process the change to the 1xx field, updating the name/title headings with the name change.
- Article last edited: 3/6/2015