- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
How to restart all Voyager-related processes daily?
Best practice is to reboot nightly.
This script should be used if the ExLibris daily backup script is not used. All Voyager-related processes (Oracle, Voyager, Apache) should be restarted on a daily basis.
If after discussion with Support, you determine an application restart is appropriate instead:
- As the root user, change directories to /m1/incoming or another directory where you want the restart script to reside.
- Using Vi Editor, copy & paste the following script into a file and name it daily_restart.sh :
#!/bin/sh ### 2014-08-01 Linux Daily Process Restart Script ### logger -p daemon.notice ELG - daily restart script started /etc/init.d/httpd2 stop sleep 15 /etc/init.d/voyager stop sleep 45 /etc/init.d/dbora stop sleep 60 /etc/init.d/dbora start sleep 45 /etc/init.d/httpd2 start sleep 15 /etc/init.d/voyager start sleep 45 echo date logger -p daemon.notice ELG - daily restart script completed
- Change the script's owner & group to root:root
- Change the script's permissions to 744 (-rwxr--r--)
- Place an entry in the root crontab to run the script at the desired time.
[root@us-suplv811 incoming]# crontab -e
## Daily Process Restart Script ##
30 4 * * * /m1/incoming/daily_restart.sh
- Article last edited: 16-Oct-2018