- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How do I change a serial title in Voyager Acquisitions?
The answer to this depends on your cataloging best practices.
There are three potential solutions:
- If you plan to replace the existing bib record with the new title, there is no change required to the PO. Just import the new record in cataloging and overlay the old record (making sure you add preceding title tag).
- On the old line item, IF you want to keep the old title AND the PO is PENDING, ensure that all subscription pattern components are both CLOSED and DELETED. Then the line item can be deleted. Then you can add the new line item. Because the component is deleted, the check-in history is lost.
- If the old line item is on an approved PO, CLOSE the pattern. Add a note to the pattern saying 'after date xyz, delete this pattern and cancel the line item'. This would allow you to keep check-in history until some date in the future. The difficulty here is remembering to cancel this line item AND the PO prior to next year's roll over. Open a new PO for the new title, add the new line item and check-in records.
- You close the pattern by pulling the old title up in Serials Maintenance and going to the 'Predictive Component Pattern' tab. On the bottom right of that tab you'll see a button that says 'Close Pattern'.
- See the section in the Acquisitions User's Guide, Chapter 8, entitled "Title Changes (Bibliographic Control)"
- Article last edited: 30-May-2019