- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: Voyager 9
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
We need to change the 856, subfield u’s base URL string across several records. How do we do that?
- Use Global Data Change (GDC) to make this kind of global change across several records (i.e., a set of BIB records or a set of MFHD records).
- Using GDC you can replace all or part of the 856 subfield u.
- The GDC Consequence used is "Replace String With String".
- Note that strings are case sensitive.
- Limit the two strings to just what you want to change from and change to, as in the following example.
See the Global Data Change User's Guide "Appendix A" for detailed step-by-step instructions, including running a scan job to identify the records to change, and setting up your Data Change Rule's Condition and Consequence.
Note the example provided in Appendix A for the Condition:
This Condition configuration is as per the User's Guide, Chapter 3, Table 1, Special Condition Considerations section: "When you define a data change rule for a subfield, you must define the subfield in the condition in order for the subfield in the consequence to be changed."
- Article last edited: 29-Mar-2019