- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
Support may request that telnet be used from a client PC to troubleshoot a network connection. Some Windows installations may disable telnet client by default, causing the windows command prompt to indicate that it is not installed. Usually telnet can be re-enabled in Windows without installing additional software
- From the Windows Start Menu, select "Control Panel"
- Open the "Turn Windows features on or off" dialogue:
- If using the 'Classic View'/icons select "Programs and Features"
- If using the Category View' select "Programs" and under "Programs and Features" select "Turn Windows Features on or off"
- On the left navigation panel, select "Turn Windows features on or off"
- Check the box next to "Telnet Client" and click OK.
Windows' cmd command prompt should now recognize telnet as an installed command.
- Article last edited: 05-19-2016