- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
Support may request that telnet be used from a client PC to troubleshoot a network connection. Some Windows installations may disable telnet client by default, causing the windows command prompt to indicate that it is not installed. Usually telnet can be re-enabled in Windows without installing additional software
- From the Windows Start Menu, select "Control Panel"
- Open the "Turn Windows features on or off" dialogue:
- If using the 'Classic View'/icons select "Programs and Features"
- If using the Category View' select "Programs" and under "Programs and Features" select "Turn Windows Features on or off"
- On the left navigation panel, select "Turn Windows features on or off"
- Check the box next to "Telnet Client" and click OK.
Windows' cmd command prompt should now recognize telnet as an installed command.
Your campus may prohibit you from using telnet. Check with your I.T. Department.
- Article last edited: 05-19-2016